Fareway Meat & Grocery, located at 300 Willow Street, Harrisburg, will celebrate it’s 3rd Anniversary this December! Fareway Stores, Inc., Harrisburg is operated by partners Mike Fowler as the Meat Department Manager and Aaron Rice as the Grocery Department Manager.
Fareway Stores, Inc., is a growing Midwest grocery company that currently operates 123 grocery store locations in Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Nebraska, and South Dakota. They hold family values in the highest regard, demonstrating integrity, fairness, and honesty in relationships with customers, employees, vendors, and suppliers.
– Providing a high quality, unmatched, full-service meat department and farm-fresh produce
– Treating our customers like family and taking pride in delighting them with: Remarkably clean stores, Personalized to-your-car carryout service, Efficient shopping and checkout, & Low, competitive prices
– Valuing our dedicated employees beyond measure and firmly believing they are the reason for our success
– Supporting and partnering with local businesses, communities, and farmers
– Donating time and resources to charitable organizations
– Caring about the health of our planet and using eco-friendly practices at our stores
– Holding family values in the highest regard
– Demonstrating integrity, fairness, and honesty in our relationships with customers, employees, vendors, and suppliers
– The value of a day of rest
Fareway’s policy of being closed on Sunday has been in place for as long as the company has been in existence. They believe their customers, employees, and business partners deserve a day at home with their families – free from the fast-paced life we all live the other six days of the week. The idea of resting on Sunday is something the company’s founder, Paul S. Beckwith, firmly believed. This was in part because of his religious beliefs and a story told to him by his father. Paul’s father was a pioneer who traveled to new territory by wagon train. Some pioneers were in a hurry, and drove on every day, leaving behind those who stopped for a day of rest and worship. As settlers continued to move westward, families who had taken Sunday off began to catch up with those who had pushed ahead, finding broken-down wagons, lame animals, and weary people. Paul’s father told him he decided that the Bible was right: neither man nor beast was made to work seven days a week.
Fareway has been a great addition to the community and Mike says we have a very strong and loyal customer base here in Harrisburg and the surrounding areas. Every week the store has a new ad highlighting new weekly specials. Weekly ads run from Wednesday through Tuesday. During the month of October, Fareway is running a special Deal of the Day on Wednesdays: $5.00 off any 10lb roll of regular ground beef at the meat counter. Be sure to mention the Deal of the Day ad below found on our Facebook page.